Do you want to become a Vision Therapist?
Eden Prairie, MN
Are you energized by working with people and looking for rewarding work that truly changes the lives of the people you help? This is it!
Through vision therapy, we transform lives! We do all training in-house. You must like working with school-age kids of a variety of skill levels. We treat adults as well but most of our patients are kids.
Imagine being able to make a permanent, life-changing positive difference in the lives of people every day. That’s what it’s like to be a Vision Therapist. It’s a rewarding, collaborative, exciting, fun, and truly meaningful job.
Take a look at what our vision therapists have to say below:
Is expeience needed?
We provide all the necessary training on the job, we will teach you everything you need to know. We welcome people from a wide variety of professional backgrounds.
If you want to know firsthand who we are and what we do, look at our social sites. Our patients will tell you what an impact this has on their lives!
Who is a good fit?
- Enjoys working one on one with school-age kids and adults, with a variety of personalities, and skill levels
- Energized by working with people and creating relationships
- Likes to engage with others
- Likes to learn but can take those skills and teach others
- Each patient is different so someone who can adjust, interact, and direct the patient based on their needs is essential
- Detail Oriented
- Curious mindset and the desire to keep learning.
- Great time-management skills.
- Encouraging, motivational, and empathetic personality.
- Enthusiasm for learning and teaching
- The desire to make a real difference in people’s lives every day.
What is it like to be a Vision Therapist at Minnesota Vision Therapy Center?
Get out from behind the desk – this is a job with action, connection, purpose, and joy.
We’re a small, friendly company making a big difference for the adults and children we serve.
No two days are alike! After a 2–3-month training period, you’ll work one on one with patients, who have a weekly appointments. You may work with both adults and children, seeing between 4 and 6 patients per day.
We’ll ensure you have the training and support you need to help guide your patients and reach their goals. You’ll play games, educate patients and parents about our sensory systems, strive for goals, and build rapport together.
Again, we will teach you everything you need to know.
What makes this job so great?
Aside from all the reasons we’ve already mentioned – this role has a lot going for it. Here are a few highlights:
- Fully paid training.
- Starting Salary $42,000- $50,000 (Annual)-Several potential wage increases in the first year
- Full-time role (Monday through Friday) daytime hours with no work on evenings or weekends.
- Great benefits are available 60 days after starting, including medical benefits with a health savings account, dental insurance covered at 80%, plus long-term disability and life insurance!
- Paid time off
What is Vision Therapy?
Vision Therapy teaches your eyes and brain to work together as a team. Vision Therapy addresses functional vision problems which are typically the root cause of learning issues.
For children, functional vision problems contribute to problems focusing at school, reading, completing homework, playing sports, and participating in other recreational activities. For adults, functional vision problems can make it difficult to complete daily tasks, work, read, and stay active.
There are a number of different functional vision challenges, and vision therapy is proven to have a transformative impact. Vision Therapy involves working through exercises to get to the root of the functional vision problem. The results are nothing short of remarkable. (We’d call it magic, but it’s science!)
Vision Therapy transforms lives and families.
To apply, send an introductory email and resume to [email protected]
Minnesota Vision Therapy Center
9531 West 78th Street, Suite 200, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 - 952-844-0844